Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music gone after update. Apple instructions appear out of date. Using Windows 10.

Upon updating iTunes, I notice my music is gone. I read an Apple support document with a specific set of instructions to correct this, but it appears the instructions may be out of date. A folder mentioned in the instructions is missing.

Running Windows 10.

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 1:44 PM

3 replies

Oct 6, 2015 7:19 AM in response to andycline

The Previous iTunes Libraries folder is only present if iTunes has been updated and that update necessitated a change to the internal structure of the iTunes database. If you don't see the folder look for .tmp files (possibly hidden) in the main iTunes folder, and check that you're looking in the iTunes folder where your library is stored. If you've moved your library from one machine to another in the past it may not be in <User's Music>\iTunes. Is the media still in the media folder? Is it on one of your devices? There is additional advice in the user tip.

tt2

Music gone after update. Apple instructions appear out of date. Using Windows 10.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.