Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If my 6 is still restoring more than 4 days after Genius did my iCloud backup and initiated restore ( more ).

Info as how to solve the problem I just submitted, WITHOUT losing any of my original data or Apps on my 6+ device, software version9.0.1.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.1, Screen text keeps listing iCloud re

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 1:50 PM

If the Genius helped create the backup in iTunes and then started the restore but you did not finish before leaving the Apple Store, it is probably stuck. You will probably need to go to Settings>General>Erase All Content and Settings, and then set the phone back up again. After the Hello screen, select your Wi-Fi, then sign into iCloud and you should get the option to restore to the backup you made. Keep the device connected to power and your Wi-Fi and it should complete. It may take some time based on how much content you have on the phone, but I'll bet it is stuck. Even though you will erase all content and settings, your data is in your iCloud backup and will restore when you do the next restore.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2015 1:50 PM in response to leonfrommedford

If the Genius helped create the backup in iTunes and then started the restore but you did not finish before leaving the Apple Store, it is probably stuck. You will probably need to go to Settings>General>Erase All Content and Settings, and then set the phone back up again. After the Hello screen, select your Wi-Fi, then sign into iCloud and you should get the option to restore to the backup you made. Keep the device connected to power and your Wi-Fi and it should complete. It may take some time based on how much content you have on the phone, but I'll bet it is stuck. Even though you will erase all content and settings, your data is in your iCloud backup and will restore when you do the next restore.

Oct 8, 2015 2:37 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

TO: ChrisJ4203;

Short version of my efforts since we last conversed; All problems fixed (apparently - have not yet verfied all things). Just as I was going to initiate your suggested actions, an Apple Senior Advisor contacted me and we exchanged details. We followed much of your suggestions, added some of his suggestions, changed the sequence of actions, etc., the bottom line was SUCCESS! Thanks to both you and the senior advisor. The process we followed seemed to confirm the Restore had started, then for some unknown cause(s) "hung up" (technical term?), we verified and validated that first (email, Safar, storage, some non-colored icon apps), then individually checked and deleted, in turn, those coloured (hung up) apps and reloaded them, then did a Back Up, down loaded v.9.0.2, and the world seemed better. I admit my memory could have slipped a cog in telling this story ? If so, my error ... but my 6+ seems to be up!! HooRay.

Thanks for your help which certainly helped. .

If my 6 is still restoring more than 4 days after Genius did my iCloud backup and initiated restore ( more ).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.