Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to ios 9 causes several issues

Updated my oldest iPad to 9.0.2 almost a week ago. Safari is extremely slow, and usually encounters issues with any web page and reloads it, sometimes repeatedly. Using keyboard in Safari is also extremely slow. With other apps like Magic Puzzles and Words with Friends, the app will suddenly reload, forcing navigation to previous state to be required.

Did not update our iPhones or Minis because I was afraid issues would arise. Maybe should have, because there is no support for IOS issues on older devices.

Are there any solutions to these issues that I can apply?

iPad, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 1:49 PM

8 replies

Oct 5, 2015 2:15 PM in response to scbki

Some things to try.

1. Reset you iPad. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

2. Check the amount of free space on your iPad. If you don't have enough free space your device will not operate efficiently. With iOS 9 it is recommended that you have 15-20% of the storage space on the device free. For a 16 GB device that is 2.4-3.2 GB free. For a 32 GB device that is 4.8-6.4 GB free. For a 64 GB device that is 9.6-12.8 GB free.

Oct 6, 2015 1:10 AM in response to andreiuk

I have 25.5 Gb available and used 1.9. I rebooted several time; even to factory settings. My iPad 2 was great until this 9 update. They need some bug fixes or the ability to go back to the old version. I am not ready for a new iPad.... And the way it's going not sure I want one as much as I did before. Apple... Please fix this update. I am glad it's not just my iPad.. I see other are having these same problems. Thank You.

Oct 6, 2015 4:49 AM in response to scbki

From my experience with newer iPads (not the 2), after a major update, it takes several hours to "settle down". (not sure why. Maybe it optimizes its flash memory, or does a backup, or sends all your data to NSA 🙂 ) Maybe up to 10 hours. During this time, do a full restart (turn off & on again) at least twice. Then it should be fine.

--dd

Oct 6, 2015 12:05 PM in response to drbug

I've turned the iPad off and on about 6 times since the upgrade, to no avail.

The problems got so aggravating that I finally decided to report them.

Based on prior updates, I thought there might be issues with the update, so I never installed 9.0 but waited for the "bug fix" version, which turned out to be 9.0.2 by the time I installed.

Update to ios 9 causes several issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.