Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Apple Support app gone missing after installing Windows10

Why is Apple Support app gone missing after installing Windows10? Consequence: cannot load iTunes!

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 10, Problem follows "upgrade" from Win8

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 6:55 AM

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version, or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for performance issues, or for compatibility with QuickTime or third party software on 64-bit systems.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

If the issue persists and you have a 64-bit system try the for older video cards version which is a 64-bit installer for mostly 32-bit code, similar to all 64-bit versions of iTunes up to 12.1.

If you've tried the above without success then see the method in Install missing components. What component fails to install, and what error message does it give? See this post for steps to produce detailed logs of the installation which may reveal why iTunes won't install. Look for words like failed or error.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2015 6:55 AM in response to john lp

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version, or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for performance issues, or for compatibility with QuickTime or third party software on 64-bit systems.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

If the issue persists and you have a 64-bit system try the for older video cards version which is a 64-bit installer for mostly 32-bit code, similar to all 64-bit versions of iTunes up to 12.1.

If you've tried the above without success then see the method in Install missing components. What component fails to install, and what error message does it give? See this post for steps to produce detailed logs of the installation which may reveal why iTunes won't install. Look for words like failed or error.

tt2

Oct 8, 2015 6:59 AM in response to turingtest2

I am so grateful for the thorough response; much appreciated. I must admit, though, that it reminded me of how incompetent I am on these matters so - and it is NOT your fault! - I decided to restore my Windows 8 system which I can live with.and not be seduced by Windows 10. Too many of the little joys I can pursue in W8 are just not yet supported in/by W10. Confidence a little bruised, but no worries. Thank you again!

Why is Apple Support app gone missing after installing Windows10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.