Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does putting my IPHONE 6S on low power mode mess up the iphone if its not even at low power or even half way drained?

Sometimes my battery doesn't last me the whole day, so I charge it up to 100% once it dies. I was told never to charge your phone before it fully dies. So sometimes when I charge my phone in the middle of the day when it dies, it doesn't last me through the next day and I have to do this process again. My question basically is If I charge my phone up to full and then put it on low power mode does it negatively affect anything?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 6:23 PM

No it should help you because it makes the battery last longer.

4 replies

Oct 5, 2015 6:22 PM in response to carzo123

Frequent or regular deep discharge cycles will wear out a lithium battery far, far faster than more frequent charging and shallow discharge cycles. If you want the battery's useful life to be as long as possible, STOP draining it all the way down and just charge it more frequently.

Frequent charging and shallow discharge cycles will optimize the useful life span of any lithium battery.

Oct 6, 2015 6:00 AM in response to carzo123

You're welcome. There are a lot of misconceptions about lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries that carry over from the days of NiCad and NiMH batteries. But lithium are very different technology. You'll have noticed that all your lithium powered devices shut off before the battery is 100% drained. That's because a truly fully drained lithium battery is a ruined battery - it most likely will never take a full charge again. So the device auto-shuts off with some minimum Charge still left in the battery.

But even then, those deep cycles cause rapid decay of the battery. However, frequent charging, even when not able to fully charge, will not harm a lithium battery, and let's you avoid those damaging deep cycle discharges.

Does putting my IPHONE 6S on low power mode mess up the iphone if its not even at low power or even half way drained?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.