Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any ideas on how to reconnect to my time capsule?

The amber light on my time capsule is staying on. I have unplugged it and have performed a hard reset. With the hard reset it flashed until I let go of the reset button. It returned to solid amber again.

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 4:08 PM

1 reply

Oct 5, 2015 5:29 PM in response to Morsekt

As a last resort, try a Factory Default Reset as follows:

Power off the Time Capsule for a few minutes

Hold in the reset button first, and keep holding it in for another 9-10 seconds while you simultaneously plug the power back into the Time Capsule

Release the reset button after the 9-10 second hold and allow the Time Capsule to restart

With luck, the Time Capsule will stay solid amber for about 30 seconds and then the light will turn to slow, blinking amber about once per second

If the light stays solid amber, this unfortunately is a sign that the Time Capsule cannot get out of startup mode, almost always because the hard drive has failed....or..... the internal power supply has failed.

In either case, the Time Capsule will likely need to be replaced.

Any ideas on how to reconnect to my time capsule?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.