Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bonjour Print for Windows 10

How to use Bonjour for Windows 10 for printing to a printer connected to Apple AirPort Express? I can't find any reference to Bonjour in the Windows Apps or Device Manager.

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 2:41 PM

6 replies

Oct 5, 2015 6:49 PM in response to SemiTech

Sorry, not sure what you are asking here.

If you don't have Bonjour Print Services for Windows v2.0.2 - Apple then, you might want to download it and install it on your PC.

Run Bonjour to see if it will "discover" the printer connected to the AirPort Express on your network and install the correct software to allow printing.

I don't believe that Apple has updated Bonjour in a number of years, so cannot say whether it will run on Windows 10 or not.

Oct 6, 2015 3:03 PM in response to Bob Timmons

I did not download the Bonjour v2.0.2, as it already old, and we weren't sure if it was compatible with Windows 10.

So we downloaded the latest version of iTunes for Windows, v.12.3. The tech at the Windows store told us that iTunes for Windows includes Bonjour.

But there was no Bonjour exe or Bonjour Wizard visible after the (successful) installation of iTunes for Windows. So how do we even "run" Bonjour when it's not visible?

Apple's own Bonjour help page is very out of date, so no help there either.

There is a Bonjour folder in the Program Files folder indicating it (Bonjour) came with iTunes, but the ReadMe says nothing about how to install it, or even how to use it. The only exe file in that folder was something like mDNSResponder.exe. Is that Bonjour?

Oct 6, 2015 3:20 PM in response to LaPastenague

I viewed this YouTube video and read a similar article online. I had no success in trying this technique.

I have only an AirPort Express, acting as a Wireless Access Point, that is connected (via ethernet) to my wired D-Link router. The printer is connected to the USB port of the AirPort Express.

When I tried this technique, I supplied the IP address of the AirPort Express. This did not work. I wasn't sure if I should have supplied an IP address for the router itself, but I didn't know it. The IP address that I have for the router just brings up the router configuration page in a browser.

The other point of confusion was what port to use when trying to connect to the printer. Keep in mind that the printer (a HP LaserJet 1012) is actually connected to the USB port of my AirPort Express.

Finally, I should add that we had this printer working with the AirPort Express (through Bonjour) on an older laptop running Windows 7.

Oct 6, 2015 4:33 PM in response to SemiTech

Yes, because Win7 had a genuine Apple made bonjour service.. that was current..

Your windows has now gone through 3 major upgrades.. and the bonjour service for windows.. NONE.. NILL.. NADA.. Apple has mind over matter approach.. they don't mind .. you don't matter.

Buy a genuine PC based USB print server.. they are dime a dozen on ebay because everybody replaces their dumb USB printers with network ones. Or do what everyone does.. sell off the USB laser and buy a network one.. they cost two toners now.. or less.. maybe toner.

Bonjour Print for Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.