Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Favorite classic Mac and system?

What's your favorite classic Mac computer and OS version?

I think mine is probably the SE/30 running 6.0.8. It was easy to dual boot into 7.1.2 and 7.5.5. But System 6 was so fast, and I loved MacroMaker. People forget MacroMaker but it was just so easy to use and it never failed me.

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 3:24 PM

3 replies

Feb 1, 2016 8:32 AM in response to DaddieMac

It's a very difficult question.

My first Mac was a PB Duo 280 running System 7.1.1. Needless to say I loved it, despite the frequent gumming up of the trackball and the small screen.

Next was a PB 3400c running OS 8.6. It was better in every way - faster, had colour, I liked the OS improvements, and via a card it could even handle the internet and email!

Then there was a white Iceberg iBook dual booting between OS 9.2.2 and OS X 10.2. I stuck with 9.2.2 as OS X was not only a change too far for me at that time, it was SO SLOW!

Since 2006 it's been iMacs, from a G5 through Core2Duo to my current 2011 Core i5.

For laptops, I'd have to say the 3400c was my favourite, and as long as you forget 'online' it still works ok.

For desktops, I'd vote for my current one, which is running 10.6.8.

Favorite classic Mac and system?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.