Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft program updates

I’ve just updated my operating system to OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

I have MicroSoft AutoUpdate.app version 2.2.0 and MacUpdate Desktop.app version 6.0.4.

MacUpdate says that I have the four Microsoft programs (Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word) versions 14.48, and the current versions are 15.14. But it won’t update them! It keeps going to Microsoft AutoUpdate.app and requires that I update that app. Still says updates required by AutoUpdate.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 12:33 PM

I suggest you either contact MacUpdate support or post your question on Microsoft's Mac forums. This forum is for troubleshooting Apple Software Update for Windows, a software package for Windows designed to update Apple products that run on Windows, and not related to Microsoft Office or your question in any way.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac?auth=1

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2015 12:33 PM in response to Richard Mcfarland

I suggest you either contact MacUpdate support or post your question on Microsoft's Mac forums. This forum is for troubleshooting Apple Software Update for Windows, a software package for Windows designed to update Apple products that run on Windows, and not related to Microsoft Office or your question in any way.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac?auth=1

Oct 6, 2015 12:43 PM in response to Templeton Peck

I went to the answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac?auth=1 site and clicked "Office for Mac 2011". That produced a number of "results", the third one of which was "Office for Mac 2011 repeatedly offers the same update". Clicking on that led to a number of questions and answers. I then went to page 2 (click "next" on bottom of page). Then, a few questions down the page I got to an answer from an engineer on the Mac team. Follow the advice. I downloaded the latest Office Installer, as suggested, and ran it. Wondrously, this transferred all my Microsoft programs from version 14.48 to version 14.4.5. And they seem to run fine under El Capitan. However, MacUpdate now says correctly that versions 14.5.5 are installed, but still says the current versions are 15.14. What is that about? Do I have to purchase a new MicroSoft package???

Microsoft program updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.