Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 9.0.2 a disaster on ipad 2

updating to ios 9.0.2. has made it impossible to use Safari. I constantly get, "a problem has occurred, need to reboot"

Desparately need help.

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 4:55 PM

I too, am experiencing major issues with my iPad after upgrading to IOS 9.0.2.

- It is sluggish - I can't get from one window to another i.e., swiping from left to right or right to left.

- It keeps freezing up and reebooting on its own (restarting).

- My battery life is going down really fast. 100% to 85 % in about 10 minutes.

- I had to turn off a bunch of the features, such as "motion" just to get the iPad to function.

- I wish I had never loaded this update.

- I hate using my ipad now.

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2015 4:55 PM in response to Hot coffee

I too, am experiencing major issues with my iPad after upgrading to IOS 9.0.2.

- It is sluggish - I can't get from one window to another i.e., swiping from left to right or right to left.

- It keeps freezing up and reebooting on its own (restarting).

- My battery life is going down really fast. 100% to 85 % in about 10 minutes.

- I had to turn off a bunch of the features, such as "motion" just to get the iPad to function.

- I wish I had never loaded this update.

- I hate using my ipad now.

Oct 5, 2015 7:22 PM in response to Hot coffee

Huge problems with safari.....especially with watching videos on facebook, youtube etc... definitely husband making frustrations known! crumby update for older ipad2 = complete frustration that wife cannot fully comprehend but is feeling the repercussions!!!! i am first off the "tech savvy" wife (ha) but more importantly i am a Total apple supporter and i have spent a great deal on $$$$$ on apple products so a fix/response would be appreciated for myself and all other apple customers!!!! all any of us are doing is the updates coming down to our devices so why are these updates causing so much frustration AND how are we suppose to fix these problems!!!!?????? Sincerly, not jumping ship yet apple but com'on

dgriggan has it right on the money...... hate using OUR EXISTING ipad

Oct 5, 2015 9:57 PM in response to Hot coffee

Hot coffee wrote:

updating to ios 9.0.2. has made it impossible to use Safari. I constantly get, "a problem has occurred, need to reboot"

Desparately need help.

Have you reset your device by holding down Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple Logo appears after about 15 seconds? Have you reset it through iTunes? Have you backed up all your data and backed up the device to iTunes and tried restoring the device as new and then reinstalling the backup and data back to it?

Cheers

Pete

Oct 5, 2015 7:29 PM in response to Hot coffee

Try resetting Safari. Close Safari completely from the multitasking window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the Safari preview pane until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the Safari pane by scrawling to the left as there may be other panes there from other apps. Then go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything.

Oct 5, 2015 7:42 PM in response to Hot coffee

I have an iPad 2 running iOS 9.0.2 and for the most part it is operating as well as it did on iOS 8.4.1

Try resetting your iPad by holding down the home & sleep/wake buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears then let go & let the iPad boot up normally.

If you see no improvement then try a General Reset

Settings->General->Reset->Reset All Settings, You will have to customize certain settings again & log back into any wifi network(s) but won't lose any data.

One thing I have noticed that seems to be a bug only with my iPad 2 & Safari is that when I clear safari's History & Website Data it is not removing everything.

Settings->Safari->Clear History & Website Data. After clearing the data go back to Settings->Safari->Advanced, now tap Website Data...it should be empty but for some reason, for me at least there are a few entries left. Even selecting Remove Website Data doesn't always clear the list & I need to slide left on the remaining items and select delete.

Oct 5, 2015 8:52 PM in response to dwreed63

dwreed63 wrote:

My I-pad 2 started dropping the WIFI connection this morning. It will eventually start asking me for my WIFI password but won't accept it. Have to reset WIFI settings to get it to reattach. I've done that three or four times now. Looking to revert back to 9.0.1. Seemed to work fine then.

You can't revert to an earlier iOS. Sorry.

Cheers

Pete

Ios 9.0.2 a disaster on ipad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.