Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 5 will not charge and is acting strange?

My iPod Touch 5 will not charge and is acting really strange.

For example, my Ipod will only charge for a week, and when I try to charge it, it shows that it is not charging and nothing is happening to the battery. Along with freezing when it charges, so I have no choice but to turn it off.

When it turns off, it will not turn on for a up to a three months and then randomly starts charging again.

Sometimes when I turn it on, it will show a full battery (still doesnt charge when charger is in) but then on a battery app it shows that I have 1% battery.

Right now, my iPod works at the moment but will not charge even when I plug in the charger.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Thank you and I will appreciate it.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 4:19 PM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 1:38 AM in response to cinnamonbunn

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G or later iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G ot later iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod Touch 5 will not charge and is acting strange?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.