Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 5 share failure upon export of the current frame?

Motion will no longer export the current frame. Jpeg, png, tif. None of them work.

Screen reads...

Share Failed

The operation could not be completed because an error occurred while sharing (Timed out, server application never registered to receive message).

Any suggestions to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Darryl Harris

Motion 5, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 5:16 PM

8 replies

Oct 7, 2015 7:31 AM in response to BenB

BenB,

Latest and greatest version of Motion. Deleted Pref's. before the post. Uninstalled. Re-installed.

Exporting movie works fine. "Save Current Frame" is the issue. Jpeg, png, tiff, dpx, etc... None of them work.

Could this be an issue outside of the Motion software?

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Darryl

Oct 11, 2015 11:30 PM in response to HarrisEdit

Hey Guys,

I have a similar issue. I get the exact same error when saving Motion templates I create for FCPX (Generators and Transitions). Oddly, the templates save/export fine for use in FCPX. Like HarrisEdit, I have the latest version of Motion, and I also tried deleting prefs with no success. I haven't tried to uninstall yet. I keep my editing system pretty clean, but I do have a few plugins. I'm not using any plugins for my templates, but it still might be a good area of focus.

Here's the error and a little more system info:

Share Failed: The operation could not be completed because an error occurred while sharing (Timed out, server application never registered to receive message).

Mac Pro Late 2013

OSX 10.10.5

Motion 5.2.2

Plugins: Coremelt "xTools", FxFactory Pro, Digital Anarchy BB, Hitfilm Suite, Red Giant stuff, Neat Video.

Again, my templates export to FCPX fine, so it's not a big deal for me, but still a nuisance.

I hope this info' helps

Oct 11, 2015 11:30 PM in response to ShowMe Media

Hello,

I saw your post and read that we have "FXFactory" in common. I have uninstalled the plug in and Motion now exports via "Save Current Frame". I was not using the plug ins either. I could not export anything as a single still image.

If it works for you after uninstalling, but you need FXFactory for other projects, I believe they have a way for you to download earlier versions on their "Downloads" page. Perhaps they are not "buggy" as the latest version seems to have been for our systems.

Thank you for your time. Hope this helps you as well.

Have a great day,

D.Harris

Oct 11, 2015 11:42 PM in response to HarrisEdit

Hey, nice work! I'm glad the information was useful. Over the years I've found plugins to be both a blessing and a curse. I'm not using FxFactory for any current projects at the moment, so a quick uninstall works for me. I'll watch for an update, and see if that resolves it in the future.

Thanks, and I'm glad we were able to get it resolved.

You have a great day as well,

SMM

Motion 5 share failure upon export of the current frame?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.