Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I open Safari after a reboot, this page keeps opening which seems to be a help guide but in italian

I get this page opening in Safari every time it opens after a reboot.

file:///Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/iTunes.help/Contents/Resource s/it.lproj/itns56cd37c.html

I can't find anything in Resources that is making it open.

Have just upgraded to El Capitan on a late 2014 MacBook Pro Retina

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 7:17 PM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2015 6:49 AM in response to wireman82

Hello, wireman82.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that Safari will attempt to open the link that you provided and it sounds like you do not want this to happen. This link is actually a file path to an iTunes help article and it sounds like this may be set as the Homepage in Safari. Can you check to see if this is the case by going to the Safari menu in the Menu bar, selecting Preferences and then General. If you see this same file path, you can change this by entering in any website address.

Safari 9 (El Capitan): General pane of Safari preferences

Cheers

Oct 6, 2015 7:17 AM in response to wireman82

"Have just upgraded to El Capitan"

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that may help after an OS X upgrade.

Top left corner of your screen click the Apple  > Shut Down.

After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds, then press the power button.

Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key. You should press the Shift key as soon as possible after you hear the startup tone, but not before.

Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple logo and progress indicator.

Once you are in Safe Mode, go back to the Apple  menu. From the drop down menu click: Restart

Then try Safari.

About Safe Mode

When I open Safari after a reboot, this page keeps opening which seems to be a help guide but in italian

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.