Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I DOWNLOADED OS X EL CAPITAN NOW IPHOTOS WONT OPEN said it was corrupt or date was wrong how do i fix it

I DOWNLOADED OS X EL CAPITAN NOW IPHOTOS WONT OPEN said it was corrupt or date was wrong how do i fix it

iMac

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 6:30 PM

6 replies

Oct 5, 2015 11:15 PM in response to LarryHN

The exact message is: "Photos must quit because the photo library has become unavailable or it's data is corrupt."

Both iPhoto and Aperture, it seems, are not being supported in El Capitan along with the migration of images to Photo.

I'm at a loss as I have 7000 images locked up and UN-accessible now due to this issue.

I've requested several support calls, one being started by support chat staff, that have gone UN-answered.

Oct 6, 2015 12:18 AM in response to Treemark

Your issue is with the Photos application not iPhoto. Try repair the Library:

Back Up first and then try repair the library: hold down the command and option (or alt) keys while launching Photos. Use the resulting dialogue to repair.

Both Aperture and iPhoto continue to run as normal on El Capitan, but you need to have the ;test versions of both. Neither are developed any longer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.