Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring photos from iPhoto to Photos. Duplications

Hi

I'm transferring photos from IPhoto to Photos and duplications are occurring even though I have chosen not to import duplicates. When I go to Photos to check the transfer some of the images have duplicated. The image number is the same but the .JPG is different and the size is different, e.g.: File 1: IMG_6480.JPG is 4MB, but then file 2 is same image number: IMG_6480.jpg (smaller case .jpg) and the file is 4.3MB. Which file should I be keeping?

I have thousands of photos to transfer and want to get this right from the beginning. Thank you!

Danae

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 7:10 PM

2 replies

Oct 5, 2015 7:16 PM in response to danae xxx

You NEVER import a library - it simply does not work, ever

TO move from iPhoto to Photos you open the iPhoto library with Photos (either launch Photos while holding down the option key and selecting the iPhoto library to open or drag the iPhoto library to the Photos icon in the Dock) and let it migrate - no importing

LN

Transferring photos from iPhoto to Photos. Duplications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.