Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Dell Computer. Need to upgrade Safari. Can I?

I need to upgrade Safari. Have a Dell computer, not a Mac/Apple one. Have Safari because we have iphones and ipads. Can I still upgrade Safari on this Dell?

iPhone 6

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 8:23 PM

The last version of Safari for Windows was released in May 2012. If you could find a copy to download it would be a bad idea due to security issues as it has not been updated.

11 replies

Oct 6, 2015 7:34 AM in response to GrmaR

You may get the message that you need to upgrade Safari from more and more websites. You are getting that message because the version you have is at least 3 years old and is unsafe to use because it is not up to date for security issues.

So hear is the situation:

1 - you need to update Safari because it is old

2 - you cannot update Safari because there is no newer version

The only solution is to switch to the current version of a different browser (e.g., Internet Explorer or Firefox).

Oct 6, 2015 5:01 PM in response to GrmaR

As an alternative to IE, you can use use either Firefox or Chrome instead for a browser but for syncing your iPhone to your PC, that requires iTunes > iTunes - Download iTunes Now - Apple

iTunes requirements for a PC:

• Windows 7 or later
  • 64-bit editions of Windows 7 and Windows 8 require the iTunes 64-bit installer; for more information, visit www.itunes.com/download
  • 400MB of available disk space
  • Screen reader support requires Window-Eyes 7.2 or later; for information about accessibility in iTunes, visit www.apple.com/accessibility
  • iTunes is now a 64-bit application on 64-bit versions of Windows 8 and 7. Some third-party visualizers may no longer be compatible with this version of iTunes. Please contact the developer for an updated visualizer that is compatible with iTunes 12.1 or later
  • Apple Music, Apple Music Radio, iTunes in the Cloud, and iTunes Match availability may vary by country

I have a Dell Computer. Need to upgrade Safari. Can I?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.