Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s not pushing email in iOS 9.0.2

when I first received my new iPhone 6s i restored from

previous back up. I noticed email was not pushing . I deleted my yahoo mail and re- added it. Still no luck after several attempts. I then completely wiped out /restored my iPhone and did not do the back up . Email still not pushing . Very frustrating! Can anyone help?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 8:57 PM

10 replies

Oct 13, 2015 4:23 PM in response to raquelfromnb

Same issue here... My iPhone 6 Plus stopped receiving emails via push after IOS 9.02 upgrade. I need to open the email app to get emails pushed, even then it's very slow and frustrating. I guess I'll need to find another email app until these issues these issues are resolve, assuming they will be fixed. I check for system updates daily hoping for a fix. Get your act together Apple!

Oct 13, 2015 4:30 PM in response to Caryr7

Maybe this will help someone. My issue was caused by having an icloud account and an 'other' account with the condition that the other account was set to use the icloud account and the icloud account had an alias.

That gave me the ability to set notifications on/off individually for each account....but the server only knew of one account. So if the Icloud account was set for no notifications, it would override what ever the other account was set for. Actually I think it was taking which ever setting was last changed.

I hope this is clear.

Oct 19, 2015 8:41 AM in response to raquelfromnb

I don't think it's a Yahoo thing. I just started doing an internet search to figure out why I'm having the same problem when I came across this thread. I have a couple of Gmail accounts and an Outlook account linked to my iPhone 6s. I just upgraded to this phone last week. I don't recall having these issues on my 5s. I was expecting an e-mail and I went on my computer to check it. It had been delivered to me at 11:05a. Not sure why it didn't get "pushed" to me. I had it set to "push" every 15 minutes, but it only came through when I checked my iPhone mail 25 minutes after it had been delivered. THEN the notification sound came through...like Apple fell asleep on the job and woke up when I walked in.

Dec 2, 2015 12:34 PM in response to raquelfromnb

I am having this issue also. Not sure if this was covered in a previous post.. I have iCloud mail and Yahoo mail on my phone. After upgrading to an iPhone 6S from an iphone 5S (both were running IOS 9.1), I have observed that the Push works for the iCloud email account, but not the Yahoo email account. My guess it is something to do with the non-iCloud account setup/definition. When I go into the Outgoing Mail Server for SMTP (Yahoo SMTP Server), all the Outgoing Mail Server options cannot be updated, so perhaps the issue is with the predefined Authentication or Server Port?

Mar 1, 2016 12:26 PM in response to raquelfromnb

I think I may have found a solution for this issue. I just got a new iPhone 6s and my emails were not pushing. If you are connected to Wi-Fi then you may not have the "no-push" issue. However if you are not connected to Wi-Fi apparently you need to go to "Cellular" and enable "Data Roaming" in order to receive email notifications. The default setting on the new phone was to turn this function off, presumably to save on data usage.

iPhone 6s not pushing email in iOS 9.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.