Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTouch 4G [Broken Power Button] - Forgot Passcode, iTunes says to enter passcode. Device says connect to itunes?

So, recently, I've had to revert back to my ancient iTouch 4th Generation -

Here's the problem:

I'm trying to get in my iTouch, but I don't remember the passcode. Eventually, it gave me "iPod is disabled, connect to itunes". So I connect it to my computer and iTunes tells me to type in the passcode. What do I do??

It seems Apple has screwed me.

Also, the power button is broken. iOS is ancient, too, 4.2.something I believe.

Any suggestions and/or fixes?

And, no, taking it to the Apple Store or getting a replacement isn't an option.

iPod touch (4th generation), Broken Power Button

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 7:43 PM

Never mind, I have found a solution which I wish to share with others in case you were stuck as I once was.

Use assitive touch, thank God I had it turned on already, then turn off using slider after holding down the off on the menu. Proceed to plug into computer while holding the home button, which should send into recovery mode.

Restore.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2015 7:43 PM in response to jcap16

Never mind, I have found a solution which I wish to share with others in case you were stuck as I once was.

Use assitive touch, thank God I had it turned on already, then turn off using slider after holding down the off on the menu. Proceed to plug into computer while holding the home button, which should send into recovery mode.

Restore.

iTouch 4G [Broken Power Button] - Forgot Passcode, iTunes says to enter passcode. Device says connect to itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.