Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem adding photos to icloud shared photo stream

My husband lost the last year of photos as he switched to El Capitan. I have those photos on my mac and want to set up a shared photo stream to send them to him. I can set up the stream with a title, but have not been able to add photos to it from iPhoto. I select some of the photos, have tried both clicking on share and add to, it asks if I want to publish them and I say yes, but the shared stream contains no photos. I have done this before with success, but it is not working now.

Any suggestions.

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 1:34 PM

You should simply be able to drag photos into a shared album. However don't forget when copying them to a shared album you aren't copying them to an album on your Mac which is then uploaded to the cloud, you are copying them to the cloud which is then downloaded to the album on your Mac, the difference being it can take some time. Have you left things long enough.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2015 1:34 PM in response to Quizas

You should simply be able to drag photos into a shared album. However don't forget when copying them to a shared album you aren't copying them to an album on your Mac which is then uploaded to the cloud, you are copying them to the cloud which is then downloaded to the album on your Mac, the difference being it can take some time. Have you left things long enough.

problem adding photos to icloud shared photo stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.