Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to update iphoto - says not available at this time. Try again. It has been showing this message for the last 3 days.

The app store shows I have 1 update for iphoto. But when I click update, I get the message this is temporarily unavailable, try again later. Have the Os X El capitan on my old Macbook pro. Have been seeing this message for about 3 days now.

Thanks!!

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 11:40 PM

Apple stopped the development of iPhoto, and updating using the Updates tab does not work right now.

Don't try to update from the Updates tab at the App Store, move the incompatible iPhoto application from the Applications folder to the Trash (don't empty the Trash!), then try to update by reinstalling the iPhoto application from the Purchases tab of the App Store.

See Barney's User Tip for details:

Can't Update iPhoto because it is not available in the App Store

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2015 11:40 PM in response to anna70

Apple stopped the development of iPhoto, and updating using the Updates tab does not work right now.

Don't try to update from the Updates tab at the App Store, move the incompatible iPhoto application from the Applications folder to the Trash (don't empty the Trash!), then try to update by reinstalling the iPhoto application from the Purchases tab of the App Store.

See Barney's User Tip for details:

Can't Update iPhoto because it is not available in the App Store

Oct 7, 2015 11:44 AM in response to anna70

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

unable to update iphoto - says not available at this time. Try again. It has been showing this message for the last 3 days.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.