Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best and quickest way to send a video created in Quicktime on my MacBook Air OS 10.10.5

What is the best and quickest way to send a video created in Quicktime on MacBook Air, OS 10.10.5?

Thanks

Sonja

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2013)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 8:27 PM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 11:56 AM in response to antclan

What is the best and quickest way to send a video created in Quicktime on MacBook Air, OS 10.10.5?

This normally depends on the size of the file—which, in turn, dictates which options and restrictions may apply. Small files (under 20 MB) are most often emailed. They can also be sent using most IM services if desired. However, Apple device user's with an iCloud account can email medium sized files (20 MB to 2 GB or more) if sufficient space is available in the account and upload/download time requirements are not a major issue. Large files (usually in the 2 to 20 GB range) are normally sent via a dedicated personal server/cloud server device or via an online server/service like DropBox. In either case, you simply load your file to the server/service of your choice and then send your recipient(s) a link to the file. In terms of speed, servers and services employing File Transfer Protocols (FTP) are the quickest with peer-to-peer and WebDAV the slowest. As far as ease of use is concerned, I prefer my personal cloud (16 TB WD MyCloud RAID unit) and the DropBox service as uploading of files is as simply as dragging the file to a Finder Window and then creating/copying/sending the URL in an email.

The above is just a general idea as to some of the options available. You may want to ask around among your friends and acquaintances for personal preferences in your specific area.

User uploaded file

What is the best and quickest way to send a video created in Quicktime on my MacBook Air OS 10.10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.