Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail cannot receive POP data anymore (Orange France)

Dear Community,

I am facing a weird one.

I had a POP account setup in Mail.app (problem appears from 10.7.5 to 10.9.5 across different machines, problem never appeared on 10.6.8 machines)

IMAP avoids the problem but POP is needed in my case.

It used to work okay on all machines, but suddenly stopped on some.

I triple checked servers address and ports, and also account and passwrod (works through webmail)

Basically when retrieving mail, it seems to load a message list, and stops right there.

Here are the console message when it fails:

Failed adding account: Error Domain=AppleInternetAccountsErrorDomain Code=13 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (AppleInternetAccountsErrorDomain error 13.)"

-[MFPOPConnection fetchMessages:totalBytes:] failed: Error Domain=MCMailErrorDomain Code=1029 "The attempt to send data to the server “(null)” failed." UserInfo=0x60000065d8b0 NSLocalizedDescription=The attempt to send data to the server “(null)” failed.

I hope someone has a clue about this.

I tried Thunderbird, but it fails also saying it couldn't connect to the server.

Also, trying to reach the pop server with correct port via telnet totally works.

POP accounr is from ISP Orange in France, which support cannot be of any help since webmail works

Thanks for any kind of clue on this

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 11:33 PM

There are no replies.

Mail cannot receive POP data anymore (Orange France)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.