Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

twice hangups from apple support for iTunes...

This is getting to be as bad as windows.

the last 2 months have been an issue with apple tv and my iTunes on macbook pro, now since upgrade iTunes can't find my library on external HDD, and when i try to reconcile libraries it say's "The iTunes Library.itl file is locked, on a locked disk, or you do not have write permission for this file."

i tried calling iTunes support out of frustration and got as far as explaining the issue to Aaron before the connection dropped out. tried again, got a call back and the auto menu dropped out as well. i coulda stayed with microsoft if i'd wanted to be this frustrated. i've always been pretty happy with my mac, and with apple (less so with iTunes) now i just want the thing to work! i guess i won't be surprised if i wind up with 2 charges for the failed calls but that just feels cynical and i don't want to be cynical today.

any idea's on how to get my iTunes library working again? the disk isn't locked, it WAS attached during the OS X upgrade to 10.11. and considering this is all mac software, you'd think apple would be able to get them to work together. I know i'm not the only person with a large iTunes library and thus using an external drive (seagate fast hdd, 4tb). i'm glad i didn't upgrade my MS Office suite as well. i'd be completely hobbled.

Here's hoping'!

thanks,

c

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11), iTunes 12.33

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 10:53 PM

There are no replies.

twice hangups from apple support for iTunes...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.