Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 bugs

Lately I "upgraded" my iPhone 6 from iOS 8 to iOS 9. Apparantly this "upgrade" doesn't deliver much new or better for me. For me it does however cause a lot of concern about the quality of the OS itself and the control of Apple regarding the quality of their product.

Here are some of the bugs I ran into. Most of them are new since iOS 9, some of them exist longer. I do not have the intention of starting a discussion about how to overcome these problems or bugs. Nor do I feel the need to elaborate on details or the scope of certain problems.

I merely would like to know if others notice the same problems or maybe even other problems.

I have been a user of Apple products for quite some time now. They were first-class products, with a corresponding price. Over the years, I see a decline in its quality. I hope that someone at Apple takes more serious notice of the developments.

Maybe I should change my ideas about the Apple products.

- Calendar: doesn't sync (neither push nor fetch) untill I delete an event; repeated events get lost or broken when edited;

- Contacts: fields and fieldnames are still inconsistent with the ones in the programm on Mac; neither groups nor smart groups created on Mac appear on iOS;

- Mail: new mails won't get through untill I created a new mail or move an old mail to another box;

- News: I am on a Dutch phone so the News app is not for us (sic), nevertheless the app is mentioned under the settings of the Mobile Network;

- Notification sounds are missing, not played; repeating notifications are still not available for other apps then Messages only;

- The new Energy saving mode switches on and off at its own will;

- Spotlight shows a lot I don't want to see, however it doesn't show results of a complete search within my contacts (only some contacts are shown); it doesn't show a search for an app on my phone either; Siri search lists from either one or the other Spotlight searches are different;

- When "upgrading" from iOS 8 to iOS 9 various settings were left intact, others whent to some standard (like Messages are set to iMessage when switched off, FaceTime is activated when switched off), this happens with every "upgrade";

- Although it is my phone, I can't downgrade to a previous version of iOS;

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 1:17 AM

1 reply

Oct 25, 2015 3:22 AM in response to Eugenio Eijck

Since Apple updated iOS and El Capitan it is fair to share some experiences since then. In a few words: the new iOS and OS X take too much of my time to get things working as they should or shut them down at all. I 'am no longer just a simple user of an Apple product but some kind a system administrator for Apple.

- - - - - - - -

2015-10-25

Photos on one Mac suddenly now show photos I deleted long ago.

Spotlight on iOS still shows only a part (some selection) of the searched for information. Contact information on my most contacted climbing partners don' shown up when searching for the relevant information. What is the point of this Spotlight on my iPhone then?

Sending text messages from my iPad through my iPhone seem to take ages. Actually, it doesn't work at all, although Apple's update from iOS 9.02 to iOS 9.1 changed my setting from off to on. It seems to work for a day or so. Now, start of Wintertime, the situation is all different. I have to reenter my account name and password, it still doesn't work. What is the point of Apple of all this fiddling with my settings?

- - - - - - - -

2015-10-23

Today I finally received emails which were sent five days ago.

On iOS the Mail app shows the wrong number of mails per box. Mails received, sent or moved to other boxes are Sometimes not visible on my iPad. They only appear after some time. Updating edited Contacts still only happens after adding and or deleting a contact. The Calenders appear to have a similar kind of (non) response to editing calendar items.

- - - - - - - -

2015-10-22

In the meantime I put all the information for Mail, Contacts and Calendar from my different iCloud accounts into one account. Having the information spread across a few account was good and easy for me to keep information separate (personal, professional) on the various devices. Not so for Apple. Since the programs (Mail, Contacts, Calendar) on Mac work different from the programs on iOS things somehow became mixed up, disordered.

Today I updated to iOS 9.1 and OS X El Capitan 10.11.1.

On my iPhone and iPad iMessages and FaceTime are both on again. Both use all my iCloud addresses for sending and receiving messages. It is very hard to ommit the iCloud addresses in the settings for these apps and set my own address on my personal domain as the standard. The situation on OS X El Capitan is pretty much the same.

I decided to move to another provider to handle my mails. Contacts and Calenders will follow later.

iOS 9 bugs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.