Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

two albums out of sequence

Hi All,

I have searched the forum for an answer but couldn't find one that worked. Although this may appear trivial it is driving me mad.

I have been using iTunes for many years and although I am no expert I feel I have a pretty good understanding of the system.

I have recently uploaded a collection called "History Of Rock" there are 40 Albums and to keep them in order within iTunes the album titles are "History Of Rock Vol. 1" through to "History Of Rock Vol. 40". Simple I thought and shouldn't be a problem.

However the albums are all listed in order as I wanted with the exception of Vol. 6 and 8 which are listed after Vol. 40 for some reason ??????

Now I have checked all spellings and all the information fields, and I cannot find any reason why this should be happening.

I have removed them and started again several times and again the same happens.

I am sure it is probably something simple that I have either done or not done, but I can't see it.

Does anyone have any ideas. I know it is trivial in the grand scheme of things but it is driving me insane. 😕

Cheers for listening to my rant, this is therapy in itself. 😁

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 6:32 AM

The sort album titles should be in the form History Of Rock Vol. ## for correct alphabetical sorting. My guess is that volumes 6 & 8 are missing the leading zeros.

tt2

3 replies

two albums out of sequence

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.