Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OX S updates

i need to update my OX S on my MacBook so i can install the new itunes so it can be used in conjunction with my iphone 6. my currant software is 10.6.8, and when i got to software updates i says there are non available for this much.. so my question is how do i get the new software onto my Mac.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 2:17 AM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 1:27 PM in response to DClutton22

The use of the App Store, for Mac Apps (system upgrade and associated applications)

should be available to you after your computer had been running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

There would be no additional "upgrade" beyond Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and its parts

from the built-in software update inside Snow Leopard itself; the next OS X is not

considered an update, beyond that, it would be an upgrade... Check the App store.

If your computer could run El Capitan, there is a newest version iTunes available as

part of that upgrade to OS X 10.11. If not, you may still be able to purchase Mt Lion

10.8.5 or Lion 10.7.5 (a download code, if still exists) should your MacBook be too old.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

OX S updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.