Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX not seeing my files

Recorded a long meeting last night in 1080/50p but when trying to import clips are not there?

I know they were recorded as checking the MTS files I can see them. My concern is it was one continuous recording and this is causing the problem.

Is there a way round this or will I need to remove the MTS files and repackage them?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 2:47 AM

6 replies

Oct 6, 2015 3:05 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Sorry. Recorded on a Panasonic HC-X920 onto an SDHC card. Just connected via USB. Doesn't appear in finder, the only way I can see the file (which is broken down into 3 MTS files around 4.5gB each) is by showing the package contents. Not changed how I recorded the footage or importing, the only difference is that I know it was a long clip (around 15gB)

Oct 6, 2015 3:47 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Not much I can show using screenshots. The clip isn't even visible on the camera. I thought I had made some awful mistake but the AVCHD file is over 15gB in size so I copied the file structure to my desktop and when showing package contents I can see the clip as MTS files. I have copied these files out and dragged into FCPX and they work but as you say and I know, messing with the card structure may cause me issues down the line whilst in post.

When using the import feature in FCPX all I see is a few second test clip I just did using same settings. I can also convert the MTS files into useable files with a converter software I have, but again, not ideal.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Oct 6, 2015 4:56 AM in response to DanWhitehead

From your description, it appears that your best option may be to import the mts files separately. Recent versions, FCP X have been able to import mts files directly. You may lose any metadata, but you at least avoid extra conversions (and note that most converters that are peddled around on the web are not worth the price of admission).

FCPX not seeing my files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.