Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changes to Boot Camp on older MBP through El Capitan?

I have a MBP 13inch mid 2009, running Mac OS 10.10.5 and Windows 7 Professional. Boot Camp version is 4, which is the highest supported release on that machine.

What confuses me is: When I upgrade do El Capitan, will BCA be installed? Would that have any effect on the ability to install / upgrade to Windows 10 (as to date the latest Windows release my machine supports is W7)?

Windows 7

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 2:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 3:01 AM

Nooneremembers wrote:

What confuses me is: When I upgrade do El Capitan, will BCA be installed? Would that have any effect on the ability to install / upgrade to Windows 10 (as to date the latest Windows release my machine supports is W7)?

If your Mac supports ELC, BCA is bundled with it. You will get BCA 6.x, but remember (pun intended 😉 ), BC drivers are derived from your Mac Model identifier and Hardware UUID. They are independent of the BCA version.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2015 3:01 AM in response to Nooneremembers

Nooneremembers wrote:

If your Mac supports ELC, BCA is bundled with it. You will get BCA 6.x, but remember (pun intended 😉 ), BC drivers are derived from your Mac Model identifier and Hardware UUID. They are independent of the BCA version.

Changes to Boot Camp on older MBP through El Capitan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.