Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard - some keys work other than default

Hello everyone,

since a while some of the very upper keys do not work; or function other. Eg. the sound control keys just work with fn key. Otherwise, the louthe and quite rkey doesn't wokt at all, and the sound lower key shows the desktop, And since then the right click doesn't work too. It is as if I am doing a lett click. I've added some new language to my mac and some keyboard settings are been changes I think. Any help please ...

Upgrading to ElCaptain hasn't changed anything!

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 10:36 AM

Go to System Preferences>Keyboard>Keyboard is the box checked regarding use of the Fn buttons?

Go to System Preferences>Keyboard>Input Sources check the box that says Show Input menu in menu bar. Then select Show Keyboard Viewer and see what that shows when keys are depressed.

This is the Mac Pro desktop forum. I requested your post be moved to the MacBook Pro laptop forum.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2015 10:36 AM in response to Salir518

Go to System Preferences>Keyboard>Keyboard is the box checked regarding use of the Fn buttons?

Go to System Preferences>Keyboard>Input Sources check the box that says Show Input menu in menu bar. Then select Show Keyboard Viewer and see what that shows when keys are depressed.

This is the Mac Pro desktop forum. I requested your post be moved to the MacBook Pro laptop forum.

keyboard - some keys work other than default

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.