Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I update to OS X El Capitan? I have a macbook pro 13 early 2011 and only really use it for school work, browsing and watching films.

I don't know whether updating my laptop would be negative. Has anyone updated and wishes that they hadn't? And do you think that the new features would help for my school work? The new two maps next to each other seems better

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 5:46 AM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2015 10:34 AM in response to eneyeseeohelee

El Capitan offers some features that I like, especially on my iMac where the screen is wide enough to make Split Screen mode really useful. For the next year Apple will continue to support Yosemite but we know that eventually Apple will stop providing security updates and programs like Safari will require the newer versions of the OS to run. So you can wait for a while if there’s nothing compelling. Personally, I like living on the bleeding edge but my wife prefers to wait. Generally she asks me to update her computer over the long Thanksgiving weekend. By then Apple has usually produced one or two updates.

Should I update to OS X El Capitan? I have a macbook pro 13 early 2011 and only really use it for school work, browsing and watching films.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.