Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Favorites-bookmarks sidebar popping up in Safari on the left when in full window mode

I came across a problem, which is really annoying. When in split screen or windowed mode of Safari, the bookmark/favorites bar pops up on the left side, if the mouse cursor is on the left. It occurs quite often "by accident", and there is no way for me to cognitively "not to send the mouse cursor to the left edge".

I browsed through the settings of Safari but could not find anything which would suit my needs.

Can anyone help me on this one please?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 5:15 AM

6 replies

Oct 19, 2015 9:00 PM in response to Mister Shuriken

Yes I have the same problem its really annoying how apple actually had a setting option for this and have gotten rid of it. But i found a solution temporarily by keeping my browser not in full screen just by extending the window as wide as possible also as of previous post moving Dock to the left side seems to work too.. Wish Apple checks these posts & bring back old hiding option for the favourites bar back..

Oct 20, 2015 6:33 AM in response to RamCanada

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

Or you can use your Apple ID to register with this site and go the Apple BugReporter. Supposedly you will get an answer if you submit feedback.

Feedback via Apple Developer

Favorites-bookmarks sidebar popping up in Safari on the left when in full window mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.