Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

advanced mac cleaner worst app ever

Saw add on website to speed up and optimize my Mac from Advanced Mac Cleaner. After installing faced too many issue unable to use other apps and Macbook Pro also not worked properly. Should i visit to service center to get my Macbook Pro on previous condition?

Really Worst app ever i install just waste my approx. 50 EURO save me from this scam app

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 5:01 AM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 5:10 AM in response to williams9908

Should i visit to service center to get my Macbook Pro on previous condition?

That should not be necessary.

You inadvertently installed adware. You do not need to download or install anything to fix it.

Refer to the following Apple Support document: Stop pop-up ads and adware in Safari - Apple Support. "Advanced Mac Cleaner" will require following the instructions in that document with the following modifications:

Under the section Optionally remove other adware files, add the following to the list of files to delete:

~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.pcv.hlpramc.plist

• Restart your Mac.
  • Then: Repeat the above instructions with the following two files:

~/Library/AdvancedMacCleaner

/Library/Application Support/amc

Note the difference in the path names. One is preceded by the ~ (tilde), the other is not. As long as you use the Go to Folder method you will find the files that require deletion.

• Then: Open  (Apple menu) System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. If there is an entry in that list named "Advanced Mac Cleaner" remove it from the Login Items list using the [—] (minus) button below it.
  • Then: Open the Applications folder by using the Finder's Go menu > Applications. If there is a folder in it named "Advanced Mac Cleaner", drag it to the Trash.
  • Finally: empty the Trash and restart your Mac.

For a description of how this may have occurred, how to avoid it in the future, and for Apple's recommended actions read How to install adware.

advanced mac cleaner worst app ever

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.