Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Extreme & Netgear C6300

I have a Netgear C6300 Cable Modem/Router/Wireless unit.

How will I connect the AirPort Extreme to my router? And would there be a particular benefit?

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 5:05 AM

4 replies

Oct 6, 2015 6:20 AM in response to robjphillips

How will I connect the AirPort Extreme to my router?

The AirPort Extreme will connect to the Netgear modem/router using a wired Ethernet connection. Specifically, the Ethernet cable would connect from one of the four LAN <--> ports on the Netgear modem/router to the WAN "O" port on the AirPort Extreme.

And would there be a particular benefit?

Yes, if you need another wireless network in addition to the one that the Netgear provides.

Dec 6, 2015 1:05 PM in response to robjphillips

If you can locate the AirPort Extreme a few rooms away from the Netgear modem/router.....and set up the AirPort Extreme to create a wireless network that uses the same wireless network name and password as the Netgear network.....then you will have one "big" network with additional wireless overage in the area where you locate the AirPort Extreme.

Feb 16, 2016 5:32 PM in response to Bob Timmons

RE:

The AirPort Extreme will connect to the Netgear modem/router using a wired Ethernet connection. Specifically, the Ethernet cable would connect from one of the four LAN <--> ports on the Netgear modem/router to the WAN "O" port on the AirPort Extreme.

I know using my airport extreme with the Netgear C6300 doesn't make sense, but I really want to use the airport as my router since I have multiple devices talking to each other seamlessly on that net work. I just wanted to have the option on the wifi capabilities of the C633 as a back up. Problem is, connecting a wire from the C6300 to the airport just isn't working (Ethernet light flashing). If I connect direct to my mac, it works (Ethernet light solid)., and my airport wifi network is working if I select it. I've even tried turning off the wifi on the C6300.

This is the only post I can find that has any relevance to my issue. Any help would be much appreciated

thanks

AirPort Extreme & Netgear C6300

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.