Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4.3.3 to 9.0.2 Ipad 2

So I was given these Ipad 2's at my work to sync up with one of the carts as an update hub for all our Ipads. I have two in 4.3.3, and one in 4.3.5.

Everytime I try to update them to 9.0.2, I get an error code 9, and then it soft bricks my Ipad into the recovery screen. I had to download itunes 10.7 to be able to un-brick it.

I have tried to update it on two different macs and a pc. I've used 4 different genuine Apple cables, and I have also tried to boot it in DFU mode. I tried the "shift+click" method to push 9.0.2 and 9.0.1 manually after downloading it to my computer, but I still get the same error. Any ideas? Anyone else dealing with this?

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 6:14 AM

5 replies

Oct 15, 2015 1:24 PM in response to makhonkit

I have this very same problem regarding a previously owned iPad2 a friend of mine just bought : iTunes says an update is available (9.0.2) but when it tries to update the iPad, it seems to starts the upgrade process just fine (the new apple logo appears on screen with a progress bar below it) - a few seconds later - the progress bar is still empty - it reboots and iTunes says an error occurred (code 9) - I did a dozen attempts to no avail

Ray Mak > do you think Apple is going to take care of this any time soon ?

4.3.3 to 9.0.2 Ipad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.