Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm freezes phone + more

I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 9.0.2. Out of nowhere, the phone started to act up: when my alarm goes off, it will only vibrate even though I have a song assigned to the alarm, and I can't unlock the phone because neither the power button nor the lock button light up the screen to the lock screen, forcing me to restart my phone with the home button and power button. On top of that, I'm no longer receiving messages or phone calls. iMessage works, but I'm not getting messages sent to my number, and I get voicemails without the phone ever ringing. This all started happening after I put torrented music on my phone.

I've already tried restarting my phone, resetting my Network Settings, and switching iMessage on and off. What should I do?

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 4:59 AM

9 replies

Oct 6, 2015 6:53 PM in response to DarkFister

iPhone 5 here, too. I haven't noticed the problems with phone calls, voice mails, or texts. But my alarms have been freezing my phone. No music, just vibration (hardly helpful for my morning alarms). And I'm totally frozen--have to use power-home button combo to force a restart. I have not downloaded anything, but I'm up to date with system updates: 9.0.2.

I'll keep an eye on my phone calls and messages. Hopefully I'm not affected on those.

Jan 20, 2016 1:48 AM in response to Toast4U

This has just happened to me. I set the alarm on my iPhone 6 last night. This morning I woke up an hour after the alarm should have gone off to find my phone totally frozen! It said slide to turn off alarm but wouldn't slide, the time had frozen at the time the alarm was due. I had to reboot it with the home and power button. I've done the iOS update this morning and set the alarm two more times to test it and now it just turns the phone off - no vibration, no nothing! This is quite a major problem!!

Feb 10, 2016 12:21 PM in response to LucyMcGillicutty

I tried deleting the saved alarm first and resetting - that didn't work! I then had to restore factory settings and I set the phone up as a brand new phone first of all to check if the alarm worked without restoring from the latest back up and tested the alarm - it worked! I then restored factory settings again and restored my phone from iCloud and it's been fine ever since. I've got iPhone 6. I went to the Apple Store and this is what they told me to do. Good luck!

Dec 14, 2016 9:01 AM in response to DarkFister

I don't understand why we should delete the phone and then restore it, some of us don't want to do that because we might loose some important staff. There is no guarantee that if I restore my phone I will find everything. I think apple should and must fix this problem with an update asap. I think many have the same problem. It's a bug, fix it

Alarm freezes phone + more

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.