Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem installin safari

I am trying to install safari and i get this error:

"Check with the developer to make sure Safari works with this version of Mac OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and Mac OS X." I have installed from the installer package.The version i am looking for is 6.1.8.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 4:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 10:33 AM

Hello jamesfromnafpaktos,

Thank you for being a long term member of the Apple Support Communities and for posting this question!

It sounds like you are running Mac OS X 10.7 because you are looking for a version of Safari 6.1. Safari 6 isnot available for direct download anymore, but if Safari has somehow been erased from your Mac, you can reinstall the operating system to get it back. Reinstalling OS X does not erase your information.

For further instruction on how to reinstall OS X, please refer to the following article.

How to reinstall OS X on your Mac - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you as to whether this information was helpful to you in recovering Safari or to provide further information about the situation. We’re glad that you are a part of the Apple Support Communities and can’t wait to hear more from you! :)

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2015 10:33 AM in response to jamesfromnafpaktos

Hello jamesfromnafpaktos,

Thank you for being a long term member of the Apple Support Communities and for posting this question!

It sounds like you are running Mac OS X 10.7 because you are looking for a version of Safari 6.1. Safari 6 isnot available for direct download anymore, but if Safari has somehow been erased from your Mac, you can reinstall the operating system to get it back. Reinstalling OS X does not erase your information.

For further instruction on how to reinstall OS X, please refer to the following article.

How to reinstall OS X on your Mac - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you as to whether this information was helpful to you in recovering Safari or to provide further information about the situation. We’re glad that you are a part of the Apple Support Communities and can’t wait to hear more from you! :)

Have a great day!

Problem installin safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.