Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have had my iphone 6S for about a week. I have had several times when talking to someone that they say they cannot hear me. They said my voice cuts in and out. Anyone else have this issue? What should I do?

When talking on my new 6S, I have had people tell me that my voice cuts in and out. Anyone else with this issue? What should I do?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 5:37 AM

6 replies

Oct 6, 2015 4:02 PM in response to annie111764

SO I have this same issue, EXCEPT, it started with my iPhone 6 last month and because it had a slight bend in it, I figured it was a hardware issue so I upgraded to the 6S Plus. Now I have the same issue on brand new hardware where frequently people say I'm cutting in and out and they can't hear me. Switching to speaker can sometimes temporarily remedy it, or using bluetooth headphones. I use my cell as primary work # and this is extremely frustrating. I'm assuming it's an iOS 9 bug, but will wait for response. im on ATT if that matters.

Oct 18, 2015 12:47 PM in response to ElsewherePrince

As the original poster of this problem, I have made a small change on my phone since posting.

I believe it is a LTE problem as Verizon LTE service is rather weak around here. I had set my phone for LTE for both data and voice when I had this problem, I changed the setting for LTE to data only and I have not seen the problem since.

I also noticed that if I shut LTE off entirely, signal strength went up considerably. LTE signals do not seem to travel as far as regular 3G and it may affect your phone calls.

I am not sure if this is the definitive answer to the problem, but it has made a difference for me.

Oct 19, 2015 6:26 PM in response to annie111764

I have had an iphone from day one. The 6s plus has to be the worst phone I have ever had. When talking on it, the other persons voice breaks up and sounds garbled frequently. I have turned voice over LTE off and it is still doing it. I do not know why this is happening but it sounds horrible. I paid for Applecare and it's not even showing up on my phone as having coverage. Over three weeks with this company trying to get them to transfer it from my first 6s plus (had a black defective area in the screen) with no luck. I am losing faith in this company quickly.

I have had my iphone 6S for about a week. I have had several times when talking to someone that they say they cannot hear me. They said my voice cuts in and out. Anyone else have this issue? What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.