Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing contacts in iOS9

I just upgraded to the 6s and, with it, iOS9. Some of my contacts are now missing, and in no logical way--some are newer contacts that I added within the past few months, whereas others have successfully made the leap between phone upgrades for over 6 years. Thus, I don't imagine that this issue is due to my iCloud or iTunes not backing up properly the last time I did a manual back-up.

I tried a potential fix I found on another thread--signing out of iCloud and then resetting the network settings--but it didn't help.

I haven't yet noticed other issues (with my calendar, mail, notes, etc.) not syncing.

Have any others experienced this or found a fix?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 7:40 AM

10 replies

Oct 6, 2015 7:59 AM in response to AmishCake

Good question, and you're right, I should have included that in my message.

No, the contacts are not related to emails at all. Many of the recent ones were added manually (e.g. when someone texted me and I created a new contact), and others were from so long ago that I can't remember when or how I input them into my phone. But I've very rarely, if ever, added contacts directly from emails.

Oct 6, 2015 12:11 PM in response to RMF111

I've also noticed that some numbers are no longer associated with existing contacts. For example, my husband's work number--which has been in my phone under his name for over 4 years--now shows up as just a number without a name, and his contact card only displays his mobile number.

So strange and frustrating.

Oct 21, 2015 8:27 AM in response to AmishCake

Hi there,

maybe this problem is concerning to my problem:

Since iOS 9.0 the contacts-app is not able to synch manually with my CardDAV-Server, so that new contacts on the server don´t come to my iPhone. In the iOS8.x.x contacts-app you could go to "groups" and pull down the page. When leaving, the page went up an you could see the synch-symbol; all new contacts came down from the server.

In iOS9 there is no way. I had several hours with the Apple-Hotline (senior Applecare-support), and we stated that this must be a bug in iOS9; it was reported to the development-section.

Now I´m waiting for 9.0.3 to fix this issue....

TylerD

Missing contacts in iOS9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.