Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macpro says i've downloaded Elcapi tan- yet it looks like I only have OXS 10.9.5 and also says my iphoto update is incompatible???

I bought my Pro in early 2013, ive not downloaded an update to my knowledge. Iim finally taking the time to update my Pro and clicked onthe apple icon and "about this mac" it says im currently on O SX 10.9.5

the options for updating it were, mavericks and Yosemitee. Both had the "download" button next to them so I went ahead and started them both not knowing if I should have only chosen the latest which looked to be Yosemitee.???

Then, as im digging further and waiting for the VERY long downloads, i notice on another page, it says i downloaded El Capi tan already?? yet there were three incompatible apps.. One being iphoto! My iphoto is a bloody mess. infact thats my least favorite app i have to say, its confusing, it crashes, spinning rainbow wheels, needless to say i can not even use it for work which is most frustrating. But now I m told its incompattible?to what? which down load??

im confused...

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), updating system

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 6:13 AM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2015 6:45 AM in response to kellycure

To get El Capitan you go to the Mac App store and download/install it.

When downloaded the El Capitan is in the Applications folder in a file titled Install OS X El Capitan

In Yosemite and later Apple added the Photos app which Apple what yo to use it Photos app instead of iPhoto. When ou first open the Photos app it will import your iPhotos into Photos.

To get iPhoto t work with Yosemite and later you need to do this:

Can't Update iPhoto because it is not available in the App Store

my macpro says i've downloaded Elcapi tan- yet it looks like I only have OXS 10.9.5 and also says my iphoto update is incompatible???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.