Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9.0.2 - Poor battery life on iPhone 6

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone else has been experiencing problems with IOS 9.0.2 and poor battery life? I have an iPhone 6 and since updating my battery life has decreased dramatically. Sometimes losing 25% in an hour even when the phone is in standby and not being used. I like to think i am quite clued up with Apple technologies and I have always been a fan of preserving battery life. Although appreciated, please don't comment with the usual extending battery life tips as I already use them all.

I hope I am not the only one suffering with this problem, has anyone discovered a cause or a fix?

Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2018 5:41 PM

iPhone 6 Battery Issues After Software Upgrade

Apple, after updating the software on my iPhone 6 my Battery began having issues with slow charging, iPhone dropping dead with 80% Battery.

This issue has made me aware of at least two serious personal safety issues:

1. When calling to check on my granddaughter, with 80% Battery, iPhone dropped dead. This Battery issue seriously jepordizes the safety of my children and grandchildren, when making calls regarding their whereabouts, or safety.
  2. As a Federal Licensed Communications Tech, if my iPhone drops dead with 80% charge, or takes several hours to charge, responding to “Public Safety” is also a very serious issue.
  3. This problem for Business Calls is also unacceptable.

We hope this was not a planned software change to escape any Battery Recalls, because it dangerously jepordizes Public Safety and that of our loved ones. I’m not sure the use of your iPhone 6 can be trusted for the above reasons.

Note: My wife, who never upgrades her iPhone 6 software, has no Battery issues.

Without Prejudice,

UMOJA Research

USA

54 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2018 5:41 PM in response to wilsondan1994

iPhone 6 Battery Issues After Software Upgrade

Apple, after updating the software on my iPhone 6 my Battery began having issues with slow charging, iPhone dropping dead with 80% Battery.

This issue has made me aware of at least two serious personal safety issues:

1. When calling to check on my granddaughter, with 80% Battery, iPhone dropped dead. This Battery issue seriously jepordizes the safety of my children and grandchildren, when making calls regarding their whereabouts, or safety.
  2. As a Federal Licensed Communications Tech, if my iPhone drops dead with 80% charge, or takes several hours to charge, responding to “Public Safety” is also a very serious issue.
  3. This problem for Business Calls is also unacceptable.

We hope this was not a planned software change to escape any Battery Recalls, because it dangerously jepordizes Public Safety and that of our loved ones. I’m not sure the use of your iPhone 6 can be trusted for the above reasons.

Note: My wife, who never upgrades her iPhone 6 software, has no Battery issues.

Without Prejudice,

UMOJA Research

USA

Jan 22, 2018 4:37 PM in response to wilsondan1994

Hi Wilsonday,

All you have to do is

• make an appointment at your local Apple Store Genius Bar to replace your battery for $29
  • drive the 20 miles and wait 30 minutes for them to analyze your phone to confirm you need a new battery
  • have them tell you they will call you in 5-7 days to come back to replace your battery
  • receive no call from them 15 days later, wait on hold for 96 minutes to reach the store, learn that it will now be 2.5-3 months before a battery is ready...and hope that you will one day hear from Apple

And wallah! you are right back where you are today...poor battery life with no recourse for any solution.

I now have a highly unreliable phone and a nearly useless Apple Watch.

Hope you have better luck!

Apr 9, 2017 7:34 AM in response to wilsondan1994

I am having the same issue. Battery is draining very fast. After a full charge and normal use, the battery life is over before noon.

I am trying to restore it and install the new update to see how it works.

I spoke with some friends and 6 of them with Iphone 6 are having the same issue. Its terrible to see that apple is simple ignoring it. They released a recall for Iphone 6S last november, but Iphone 6 is facing the same problem. Unfortunately apple is not the same anymore.

That customer service we was used to, does not exist anymore.

Fernando Penha

Jun 29, 2017 12:22 PM in response to steel68

I am up to date on 10.3.2, iPhone 6 on AT&T, and just the past 3-4 weeks have been experiencing the same issue. Never used to have to charge my phone more than once a day, now having to charge 2-3 times per day. Very annoying. Have closed out all unused apps, use wi-fi as much as possible, not a big talker. Any suggestions? Or just SOL? (FYI, I have almost a full charge right now and Standby time (Settings>General>Battery) is 5 hr, 2 min. Should be about 20 hrs, I think, so battery clearly has lost most of its capacity).

Jan 24, 2018 6:51 PM in response to AirRunner99

My appointment is tonight @ Best Buy (Apple authorized service center), as all Apple stores in area were completely booked. I hope to god they have batteries in stock.... and that they honor the $29 since appt booked through Apple. (There’s a disclaimer about potential price variances at outside providers). That would be super shady, but if they actually have batteries in stock, I might pay up anyway, based on your experience. Thanks for the heads up!

Jan 25, 2018 8:12 AM in response to SparkleShimmy

UPDATE: Best Buy is out of batteries too! Est arrival for 6 & 6+ batteries is March/April PLUS a 2-4 week wait for appointment. Right now no one needs an appointment to come in and order one (prepayment required). No need to test or certify anything on phone, but you must bring phone with you. $29 + tax, just like Apple store.

(I am in Los Angeles, maybe some Best Buy’s in smaller areas will still have batteries. )

Oct 28, 2015 4:38 AM in response to wilsondan1994

Before these recent updates (last 2 ) my I6 would last for weeks without needing a charge. Now it will not last a half day without the battery depleting by half life. If I don't charge it at the end of the day its dead. The main feature I would boast about Apple was the battery life and now that is gone. I have noticed the same thing with my IPad Air. Apple I'm not sure what you did but please undo it. We don't want to be anchored to a darn charger every 4-6 hours. We want our 'always ready' Apple devices back, sooner than later please.

IOS 9.0.2 - Poor battery life on iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.