Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4.3.3 to 9.0.2 Ipad 2

So I was given these Ipad 2's at my work to sync up with one of the carts as an update hub for all our Ipads. I have two in 4.3.3, and one in 4.3.5.

Everytime I try to update them to 9.0.2, I get an error code 9, and then it soft bricks my Ipad into the recovery screen. I had to download itunes 10.7 to be able to un-brick it.

I have tried to update it on two different macs and a pc. I've used 4 different genuine Apple cables, and I have also tried to boot it in DFU mode. I tried the "shift+click" method to push 9.0.2 and 9.0.1 manually after downloading it to my computer, but I still get the same error. Any ideas? Anyone else dealing with this?

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 6:27 AM

4 replies

Oct 9, 2015 5:19 AM in response to CrypticFall

I ended up calling their support team for Ipads. I told them the vague error code (9) and they said the only fix they have found for that error code was to do it at home out of a work environment. Well I tried that, both on mac and pc to no avail. The fix wasn't even for my specific problem, It was just a general fix, so I don't think they even know. I wouldn't be surprised either if the issue ever gets resolved because it is probably a minority of people who are actually stuck under iOS 5.

4.3.3 to 9.0.2 Ipad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.