Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently added songs to iTunes

I recently added songs to iTunes on my computer and then synced my iPod touch. When the sync was complete, I charged the iPod using the wall charger. This morning, I updated the iPod software and went to play the music, skipping or cancelling the requests for me to set it up. I then went to play some the new songs recently added, and the songs wouldn't play. I remembered I was prompted to sign into iTunes and log into a WiFi network, so I went into my settings and did both. The new song began to play, so I turned off the Mobile Hotspot on my phone. The song abruptly stopped playing. I connected to my phone and was able to play the song again. Why must I be connected to WiFi in order to play the new songs? How can I play the new songs offline?

iPod touch (5th generation)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 7:14 AM

1 reply

I recently added songs to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.