Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.3.0.44 (x64) on Windows: can't backup iPhone 6 "because it hasn't been configured yet"

Hi Everyone,

I'm in a bit of a pinch here: since Apple decided that iPhone 6 and above needed iTunes 12.x.x to sync and backup, I'm down to one computer for backup and syncing, namely a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10; my faithful MacBook Pro circa 2006 can only run Snow Leopard (it's 32-bit only), and can't therefore accomodate more recent versions of iTunes than 11.4.

Today, I've plugged my iPhone into a USB port on the PC and tried several times (using different ports) to sync it (that works, sort of, in the sense that the sync button is operable) and back it up, but that won't work, because, according to an error message, "[the phone] hasn't been configured yet".

Like I said, I've tried every trick in the book, like switching USB ports, restarting the PC with the iPhone plugged in, etc...

Nothing works; I can sync the phone, but the date of the last backup is three days old, as indicated in the iTunes main window.

Ideas, anyone?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:49 AM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2015 9:11 AM in response to FrenchToast

Oh, and is it a coincidence? I've just received a spam message stating the following: "We have received that (sic) your iTunes account is used for fraud. Your account will be suspended until you confirm that you are the original user account (sic)".

Of course, I'm strongly encouraged to click on a button embedded in the email to unlock my iTunes account...

I must add that the message did arrive on the email account linked to my genuine iTunes account, though the sender's email address is by no means linked to the apple.com domain, but originates from a French ISP.

Well, back on track: I still can't backup my iPhone 6 on iTunes 12.3... 😠

Oh, and I checked: this computer is already on the trusted computers list.

iTunes 12.3.0.44 (x64) on Windows: can't backup iPhone 6 "because it hasn't been configured yet"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.