Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing windows

Hi:

I have a macbook pro (Mid 2012, OS = MAC OS 10.11 EI CAPITAN), I have upgraded my hard drive to Samsung Evo SSD. I want to install windows 10 on my macbook but I do have a few problem. Even, with my previous os ( OS X YOSMITE) i had the same problem as follow.

1- I have tried the Boot Camp Assist procedure, I created the USB drive with all of the apple update drives, then I created my partition but when it reboots, the black screen show up with nothing there, if I reboot and press Option key for a while, I can choose EFI BOOT which is for windows installation, then it proceed for windows installing, When I choose bootcamp partition for installing the windows it shows following error :

The selected disk has an MBR partition table, on EFI system, windows can only be installed on GPT disks.

Firstly, I open up my Mac OS again, then I went to disk utillity, I saw my hard drive scheme is : GUID partition map (which I think is GPT type)

User uploaded file

Anyway, I have tried gDisk solution for this problem to convert from MBR to GPT as well, but when I wanted to install the gDisk package, I will recieve the following error.

User uploaded file

I appreciate if you help in this problem.

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:34 AM

There are no replies.

Installing windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.