Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fill in pdf in preview with Spreadsheet

I have a customer list with certain information that I need to input into a form and then email to my clients. Is there a way I can auto fill and email it from number. Or would there be another program that would be able to do that?

Thank you

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:46 AM

3 replies

Oct 6, 2015 4:54 PM in response to JeremyfromiWiSP

It can be done. Depending on the form it may be easy or may be tedious to set it up. Drag the form into Numbers and size it to fit the page (or whatever size you want it to be). Arrange a table (or tables) in front of it and get the rows and columns to align with where the data will go on the form. In one or more of the cells you will have to enter data, like the person's name or customer number. In the rest you will put lookup formulas to pull the data from your customer list data table based on the person's name (or whatever it is you use for a unique identifier). When it is all set up, format all the cells so they have no border.

I would suggest the table that you use to enter the name (or customer ID) should be one table, which will be unlocked. The rest of the form, the table(s) with all the formulas, should be other tables and they should be locked when you have it all set up. Or maybe you just use one unlocked table, it depends on your form I guess.

I am assuming this will work, at least on the screen. I have not tried it to ensure Numbers will print it correctly. You might want to get some of it set up then try printing it before you go through all the trouble of setting it all up.

Oct 6, 2015 8:27 PM in response to JeremyfromiWiSP

Hi Jeremy,

Autofill a form using the INDEX MATCH combination.

Enter a Client ID in Cell A2 of the form.

User uploaded file

Formula in B2 of the form (and Fill Right)

=INDEX(Client List::B,MATCH($A2,Client List::$A,0))

Add a message (such as Dear <Name>, you owe us <Owing>. Your early settlement will be appreciated.

Save As Template.

Client List can be on its own Sheet (Tab).

Print or email the Sheet (Tab) with the filled form.

My cheat sheet for INDEX MATCH

=INDEX(Column I want a return value from,

MATCH(My Lookup Value,

Column I want to Lookup against,

Enter “0″ ))

Regards,

Ian.

Fill in pdf in preview with Spreadsheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.