Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I buy a dvd of OS X El Capitan for back-up in case I cannot get online to Apple?

Purchase DVD Bacckup

iMAC, Macbook Pro, MAC Pro

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 12:03 PM

There are none. If desired, download El Capitan normally, but before installing it, use DiskMaker X to make an installation thumbdrive from it.

(134507)

4 replies

Dec 31, 2015 6:27 AM in response to Niel

I took me over 8 hours to download Mountain Lion a couple of weeks ago when support suggested I re-install since my apps weren't ready for El Capitan.

Really don't want to go through that again for El Capitan, so I looked on eBay and found this on eBay.

Does it seem safe to install?

Thank you

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mac-OSX-El-Capitan-Install-Installer-Recovery-Disk-on-US B-Instead-of-CD-DVD-/141686997323

Dec 31, 2015 11:12 AM in response to Eau Rouge

I did call the Tucson store a couple of weeks ago, but the person I spoke with works remotely. He called the store itself, but I didn't get an answer to that question. Best bet would be to drive 70 miles - either to Tucson or Phoenix - ask them if they would allow it or ask them to install it for me.

He couldn't help with what the charge would be or if they would want me to leave my computer for who knows how long.

What about people who have Hughes satellite or even dial-up?? I just happen to have a slow 'high speed' DSL connection and cannot even pay to get better service.

Can I buy a dvd of OS X El Capitan for back-up in case I cannot get online to Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.