Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Legal icloud lock removal. Is it possible?

Hi,

I just bought an iPhone 4S with whole package: cables, warranty, invoice from T-mobile (Poland) with phone purchase listed (with correct IMEI). My problem is that the device still has iCloud configured with 'find my phone' service turned ON even though I asked seller to remove it as factory wipe won't. She just said she wiped it from iTunes level and I should be able to configure it. Now the seller is ignoring me when I ask for password and I cannot configure my own iCloud. Taking under consideration I have all needed legal documents and SN is correct according to apple.com, do I have any chance fixing it? Take it to warranty service (still active till march) ?

Thanks.

-m

iPhone 4S, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:42 AM

Welcome to the Apple community.

Unfortunately, you cannot do very much with your phone unless you get assistance from the previous owner, they should either provide you with the password to unlock it or remove their account from the phone entirely remotely through iCloud.com > Find My Phone.

If you aren't able to get assistance from the owner and are unable to get a refund for your purchase, please dispose of the device responsibly by sending it for recycling.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2015 8:42 AM in response to meekowai

Welcome to the Apple community.

Unfortunately, you cannot do very much with your phone unless you get assistance from the previous owner, they should either provide you with the password to unlock it or remove their account from the phone entirely remotely through iCloud.com > Find My Phone.

If you aren't able to get assistance from the owner and are unable to get a refund for your purchase, please dispose of the device responsibly by sending it for recycling.

Legal icloud lock removal. Is it possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.