Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pink and green square dots all over my iMac Screen

Hello, my 27 inch late 2013 iMac is full of random dancing pink and green squares all over the screen. I just updated to El Capitan and it did not fix it. When I start the computer, it does not show until I open a video, quicktime, vimeo, youtube, finalcut pro x, anything. But it does not bother when I use adobe illustrator or photoshop.

User uploaded file

It is also showing this very strange checkers. It happened when I open a second tab in chrome

User uploaded file

If I share my screen on apple TV, I will see the problem on the TV, exactly the same dancing squares. But it sometimes, the problem disapears. It seems that the video card is forced to work right for a little time

If I render a video in FCPX, I get to see the square dots on screen, but then I play that video on another device and it runs perfect without chickenpox.

I think it is the video card, and at the apple store technical center, they gave me a quote to fix it that costs almost two times what I payed for the iMac. Does someone else haves the same problem?

This is my system, please help

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

3.4 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB

OS X El Capitan, 10.11

Thank you

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:00 AM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2015 8:04 AM in response to jpdegamboa

Bad luck but it appears you have a failing GPU, take the machine in for repair. Hopefully you have AppleCare or are covered by the warranty. If you chose to not purchase AppleCare this means you also chose to self insure the computer thereby accepting the cost of any possible repairs. This is a gamble and this time you lost, sorry for your loss though.

Good luck.

Pink and green square dots all over my iMac Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.