Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot find my notes backup after restoring my phone from backup

my daughter accidentally deleted my notes yesterday, and I tried several backup restores after looking on here, but my notes are nowhere to be found. Does it take a while/long time for them to reappear after a restore?

PLease please tell tell me I can find them, I'm hating all technology right now for being so dependent on a phone. There are some notes I should have just never kept on here if this was a possibility. Some very sentimental ones regarding my daughter's "firsts" im just regretting not qeiting them down instead. I checked 1,000 times too and notes was and has been checked as supposed to backup to icloud. Im just really really hoping someone can help me get them back.

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 9:08 AM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 9:45 AM in response to summejs

iOS devices like an iPhones, iPads or iPod Touches allows us to access and view Notes from many sources

iCloud

Email(s) like Gmail and other supported accounts

Other apps.

and just the iOS device

The way to get them back is to find out where they came from.

**Note ((Every-One)) says the iPhone, but that's where you organized and viewed them from. **

Even if you type them in on the device they can still be saved to any of the above accounts.

1 Make sure your are signed into all of your accounts

iCloud, Email(s) ...

Make sure all of the accounts have Notes turned on.

2 Make sure you are looking at all the Note from different accounts.

Notes > Accounts ( in the upper Left)

I hope this helps

Cannot find my notes backup after restoring my phone from backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.