Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you use home button during set-up

Hi - bizzare question I know!

Long story short, I sold my smashed iPhone 5s (which was in full working condition bar the screen) and the buyer is claiming that the home button isn't working - I can't see how it could get damaged in transit and their story has been less than believable with things changing.

I got them to send me a video to prove it was broken and the first video they sent me the phone wasn't even switched on (as they held down the power button to turn it on!) but the second video they sent they are pressing the home button lots of times which isn't responding and when they press the lock button and the phone lights up with the "hello swipe me to begin" - this is the first believable bit of evidence I have seen but before I go ahead and issue a refund/return I just want to check there isn't some trick where the home button does nothing during set-up?

Thank you!

iPhone 5s

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:41 AM

There are no replies.

Can you use home button during set-up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.